Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baby's first pic

I have never been one for sonograms.  They all look alike, I say.  At which point I am beaten by every mother and mother-to-be in swinging distance.  Each one is unique and special, I am told, but they all look like little grey blobs on top of even larger grey blobs.  Then we had our first sonogram.  I had never seen such a beautiful sonogram in all my life!  It was so . . grey, and so . . .blobby.  Still not bowled over.  Following the visit, I told everyone that I wouldn't post the actual sonogram on facebook, but do my artist rendering in stick figure art.

Well, after the rousing response from the online world, I decided to expand to art photography.





I call this one "Beginnings of life as represented by kidney bean on a coffee filter."  A little to on-the-nose?  Still too in-focus, but still working on how to create a fuzzy picture.  Darn you, auto-focusing.


Congratulations on reading this far down.  That means I'm either humorous enough to catch your attention, or really just want to see that sonogram picture (Mom).  Without further ado, I present to you the first picture of TBD Diamond


If you look closely, you can see the baby has my grey blobs.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree about sonograms. They do all look alike, but there was something special about seeing the heartbeat and those first movements that can't be captured in a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait till your next one at 20 weeks. Nothing like seeing your baby's spine and being able to count all the fingers and toes.
    And I had a random one last month and learned that you can see HAIR in a sonogram! Super cool and not blobby at all.

    ReplyDelete